Siena Traditional Food Tour possible tastings
Expect a full meal or even more! The food choice depends on season and availability. Be ready for an immersive food experience in a relaxing atmosphere! Here is a list of our Siena Food Tour possible tastings:
- Charcuterie and cheese board: taste the best charcuterie and cheeses from the area served with a good glass of local wine.
- Pici cacio e pepe or with wine: the pici senesi are a type of pasta that’s shaped in a certain way to respect ancient processes, such as bronze wire-drawing. You can taste pici seasoned with cacio cheese and pepper (“pici cacio e pepe”) or with wine.
- Pappa senese: this is a recipe of peasant origin. It has been handed down from generation to generation. This dish is a bit different from the traditional Tuscan pappa al pomodoro.
- Ribollita: it’s the typical soup made with bread and vegetables. Delicious!
- Tonno del Chianti: it’s an ancient Tuscan recipe. It’s made with pork, purged for days in coarse salt and then cooked for 5 hours in white wine and local herbs.
- Ricciarelli: these are marzipan biscuits in the shape of a rice grain. They have a crunchy, wrinkled and cracked surface. They’re coated in sugar and have a grainy interior that is soft to the bite. So good!
Do Eat Better Experience Siena Traditional Food Tour is a must-do for foodies
As you can see, this Do Eat Better Experience Siena Food Tour is the perfect match between a walking city tour and a real gourmet experience.
This is a social dining experience in Siena. People from all over the world sharing food stories, enjoying a relaxing and joyful atmosphere. We have a 2 people minimum and 12 people maximum policy. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date (100% refund).