Palermo Traditional Food Tour possible tastings
Expect a full meal or even more! The food choice depends on season and availability. Be ready for an immersive food experience in a relaxing atmosphere! Here is a list of our Palermo Traditioal Food Tour possible tastings:
- Sandwich with panelle and crocchè: this is the beating heart of Palermo street food. It’s a sesame bread stuffed with crocchè, potato croquettes, and panelle, a chickpeas omelette. This is absolutely a must-try in order to start tasting the rich and tasty Sicilian food culture.
- Sfincione: it’s made with a pizza-like dough covered with fresh tomato salsa, anchovies paste and onion. Sfincione is the super tasty idea of pizza from Palermo!
- Rice arancina: this is a rice ball famous all around the world this rice ball. It’s filled with various ingredients. For example: meat, smoked ham, spinach, mixed cheeses and so much more. Then, it’s deep fried according to centuries-long tradition.
- Pasta alla Norma: it’s a traditionally shaped pasta, usually maccheroni, with fresh tomato sauce, fried aubergines, salty seasoned ricotta cheese and basil. The original Pasta alla Norma recipe was born in Catania. Shortly after, it became an icon of the Sicilian savoury food tradition.
- Anelletti al forno: this is a small sized pasta, shaped in the form of a ring (“anello”), with meat and peas sauce. You cannot claim to have been in Palermo without having tasted it.
- Traditional veggie preparations upon choice among which parmigiana di melanzane: this famous Sicilian dish is made with fried aubergines, tomato sauce, parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Sicilian cannoli: the traditional Sicilian waffle is shaped around a hot metallic bar. It is filled with a sweet and creamy paste made with ricotta cheese, candied fruit, crunchy pistachios or dark chocolate drops. It’s a colourful and sweet explosion of taste. Do you want to try this at home? You can find the recipe here.
- Sicilian cassata: it’s a traditional Sicilian cake to be eaten chilled. It is made with fresh ricotta cheese, candied fruit, wheat paste and other ingredients according to a hundred years old recipe.
- Sicilian granita: this Sicilian specialty is perfect for chilling in a warm summer afternoon. The typical granita is served in a glass. It’s the better way to end a rich meal. Fresh fruit, sugar and ice are its simple ingredients and the taste is incredible. You can top it with coffee, chocolate or fruit.
Do Eat Better Experience Palermo Traditional Food Tour is a must-do for foodies
As you can see, this Do Eat Better Experience Palermo Traditional Food Tour is the perfect match between a walking city tour and a real gourmet experience.
This is a social dining experience in Palermo. People from all over the world sharing food stories, enjoying a relaxing and joyful atmosphere. We have a 2 people minimum and 12 people maximum policy. If the minimum numer of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date (100% refund).