Genoa Traditional Food Tour possible tastings
Expect a full meal or even more! The food choice depends on season and availability. Be ready for an immersive food experience in a relaxing atmosphere! Here is a list of our Genoa Traditional Food Tour possible tastings:
- Pasta with pesto: the typical basil pesto sauce was born in Genoa. You’ll have the chance to taste the authentic recipe made with local fresh basil and pine nuts.
- Savoury pies: there are thousands of savoury pies in the world, but come to Genoa and taste our best ones into an old sciamadda, a typical genoese takeaway restaurant from the beginning of 20thCentury.
- Focaccia with cheese (“Focaccia al formaggio”): just two very thin layers of dough filled with stracchino, a typical italian cheese. The best recipe is from Recco, a small sea town close to Genoa.
- Fried squids: Genoa is an harbour city with a traditional sea food-based cuisine. Our tender fried squids will melt in your mouth!
- Stockfish: the fish is cooked with pine nuts, potatoes and Taggiasca olives. This is a special recipe from Genoa!
- Anchovies: they are cooked freshly fished. In fact, the anchovies are traditionally one of the most typical Ligurian Sea fishes.
- Frisceu: small but tasty fried pancakes with vegetables. Perfect as an entrée and as appetizers.
- Artisan ice cream (“gelato”): in a gourmet ice cream shop, you’ll taste one of the best artisan gelato in town, featuring both traditional and innovative tastes.
- Espresso: the Italian food tradition expects you ending your meal with an espresso coffee.
Do Eat Better Experience Genoa Traditional Food Tour is a must-do for foodies
As you can see, this Do Eat Better Experience Genoa Traditional Food Tour is the perfect match between a walking city tour and a real gourmet experience.
This is a social dining experience in Genoa. People from all over the world sharing food stories, enjoying a relaxing and joyful atmosphere. We have a 2 people minimum and 12 people maximum policy. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date (100% refund).