Florence Traditional Food Tour possible tastings
Expect a full meal or even more! The food choice depends on season and availability. Be ready for an immersive food experience in a relaxing atmosphere! Here is a list of our Florence Food Tour possible tastings:
- Cured meats and local cheeses from Tuscany: this is a traditional aperitivo in Florence. You’ll taste local cured meats, cheeses and toasted bread with a glass of Chianti wine in one of the oldest and most famous wine shop in town.
- Potatoes tortelli (“Tortelli di patate”): it’s a recipe from Mugello, the hill country area near Florence. Potatoes tortelli are rectangular dumplings filled with potatoes, parmesan cheese, walnut and salt. Thanks to our Food Tour, you can eat some handmade potatoes tortelli in a top ranking trattoria in Florence.
- Pici: pici are the traditional spaghetti from Tuscany. You’ll taste local handmade pici topped with an extraordinary sauce of black cabbage and bacon (other food options are available upon choice).
- Coccoli: these are marbles of deep-fried dough. They’re served with prosciutto crudo (a very tasty ham from Tuscany) and stracchino cheese (a savoury and creamy cheese). Coccoli are the best example of Florence street food: a unique delicacy!
- Pappa al pomodoro: this is a dish from the farmers tradition. You’ll taste the pappa al pomodoro in one of the most typical and lively trattoria in Florence, where this dish is wisely prepared in the same way since generations.
- Ribollita: you cannot leave Florence without tasting this traditional soup made with bread and vegetables.
- Ice cream or cantucci and vin santo: they both represent the best possible ending for a Florence meal. You can taste the cantucci and vin santo in one of the most renowned and traditional patisserie in Florence city center. Otherwise, you can taste one of the best ice cream in town, into a gourmet ice cream shop.
Do Eat Better Experience Florence Traditional Food Tour is a must-do for foodies
As you can see, this Do Eat Better Experience Florence Food Tour is the perfect match between a walking city tour and a real gourmet experience.
This is a social dining experience in Florence. People from all over the world sharing food stories, enjoying a relaxing and joyful atmosphere. We have a 2 people minimum and 12 people maximum policy. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date (100% refund).