Bolzano Traditional Food Tour tastings
Expect a full meal or even more! The food choice depends on season and availability. Be ready for an immersive food experience in a relaxing atmosphere! Here is a list of our Bolzano Food Tour possible tastings:
- Speck: speck is uncooked, salted and smoked pork that has been aged from six months to two years. Plus, some spices make it so delicious. Speck is often served with traditional bread types and pickled cucumber.
- Bauernschinken: it’s cooked ham flavoured with the same spices used for the speck process. This is a unique and tasty cold cut.
- Canederli: canederli, or knödel, are dumplings made of stale bread moistened with milk and bound with eggs and a tiny amount of flour. The mixture is often enriched with cheese and speck. You will try both the classic and seasonal versions.
- Spätzle: these are homemade dumplings made with wheat flour, eggs, water and boiled spinach. Thery are simply delicious when topped with cream and speck.
- Laugenbrot or Brezen: laugenbrot is a typical South Tyrolean bread. It’s made by immersing bread rolls in a lye solution before baking. Sometimes, it is stuffed with cheese. The brezen is a ring-shaped bread with a golden and shiny crust covered with salt grains.
- Bier tasting: the South Tyrol beer world has a large range of tastings, from delicate light beers to spicy strong ones. You will taste some beers in an old brewery.
- Strudel: strudel (and especially Apfelstrudel) is the most famous dessert in Bolzano and beyond. A thin sheet of dough is filled, rolled up and, finally, baked. This dessert is a true delicacy, thanks to the genuine ingredients, like the local apples.
- Caffè Espresso: Italian rituals expect you to end your meal with an espresso coffee.
Do Eat Better Experience Bolzano Traditional Food Tour is a must-do for foodies
As you can see, this Do Eat Better Experience Bolzano Food Tour is the perfect match between a walking city tour and a real gourmet experience.
This is a social dining experience in Bolzano. People from all over the world sharing food stories, enjoying a relaxing and joyful atmosphere. We have a 2 people minimum and 12 people maximum policy. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date (100% refund).