Bergamo Traditional Food Tour possible tastings
Expect a full meal or even more! The food choice depends on season and availability. Be ready for an immersive food experience in a relaxing atmosphere! Here is a list of our Bergamo Food Tour possible tastings:
- Aperitivo with a glass of Valcalepio wine: you’ll taste the traditional aperitivo from Bergamo. Some toasted bread slices topped with local garnishments accompanied by a glass of Valcalepio, a typical red wine from the hills near Bergamo that are famous for the sweetness of their fruits.
- Casoncelli: it’s a handmade pasta made with a blend of flours and with a half-moon shape. According to the season and the ingredients, it can be filled with breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, beef meat, pork meat, parsley, raisins, lemon zest, almonds and so much more. Traditionally, this dish is topped with bacon and sage.
- Foiade: this is the local tradition Sunday recipe. Every small village in the area of Bergamo has its own flour, favourite pasta shape and favourite topping. The foiade is real good seasoned by different sort of sauce, such as meat, cheeses and mushrooms.
- Polenta with lard and cheese: polenta is a centuries-old dish based of corn flour. In order to make it creamier, the dish is served with local lard slices or topped with savoury cheese from the nearby valleys.
- Grilled handmade bread with Taleggio cheese: that’s it, a mountain classic! It is always delicious in any season, also in the warmer days. A rustic loaf is topped with the local, tasty taleggio cheese and caramelized golden onions.
- Ice cream stracciatella flavour: stracciatella is one of the most loved ice cream flavour in Italy and beyond. It is made with milk and cream plus dark chocolate chips. Your Local Food Expert will lead you to taste it in the original ice cream shop in Bergamo who invented the stracciatella in the Sixties. This is definitely a must-eat!
- Espresso coffee: a good coffee is the traditional conclusion of every Italian meal. You’ll taste it into an historic coffee shop.
Do Eat Better Experience Bergamo Traditional Food Tour is a must-do for foodies
As you can see, this Do Eat Better Experience Bergamo Food Tour is the perfect match between a walking city tour and a real gourmet experience.
This is a social dining experience in Bergamo. People from all over the world sharing food stories, enjoying a relaxing and joyful atmosphere. We have a 2 people minimum and 12 people maximum policy. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date (100% refund).