Aosta Traditional Food Tour possible tastings
Expect a full meal or even more! The food choice depends on season and availability. Be ready for an immersive food experience in a relaxing atmosphere! Here is a list of our Aosta Food Tour possible tastings:
- Aosta Valley platter served with a local wine: a rich platter of jambon seasoned in juniper and genepy, lard d’Arnad PDO, chestnuts in syrup with honey, a traditional cured meat named mocetta, local cheeses, white and black bread. And a glass of local wine, of course.
- Fontina cheese served with polenta: the typical local fontina cheese is served on croutons of freshly baked polenta. This is a valid option to the platter. You’ll taste it while sipping a good glass of wine!
- Fondue: the local fondue is prepared using the traditional Aosta Valley Fontina PDO. It is served with croutons or a delicious vegetable pastry. A delicacy to be tasted!
- Zuppa alla Valpellinentse: this is a typical Aosta Valley peasant origins recipe. It’s a rich and genuine dish based on savoy cabbage and local fontina cheese. This soup is a perfect dish to warm up throughout the long winter days!
- Polenta concia: you’ll eat the polenta concia in one of the best restaurants in town, where the dish is cooked with wisdom for decades, according to the Aosta Valley food tradition.
- Tasting of local Aosta Valley cheeses: the most traditional cheeses of the region are served in an old cheese shop in town. If the weather is good, you’ll taste them in a wonderful location.
- Tegole valdostane: you’ll crunch these local handmade cookies in one of the best pastry shops in Aosta. They’re a delicious gift to enjoy at home, too!
- Coffee: it is served in a lovely garden in the center of town. Amazing!
- Gin (winter evenings only): this is a great way to end a cold winter day in a gourmet place pledged to tasting.
- Ice cream (summer only): enjoy a real Italian ice cream made with all natural ingredients in one of the best local artisan ice cream shop.
Do Eat Better Experience Aosta Traditional Food Tour is a must-do for foodies
As you can see, this Do Eat Better Experience Aosta Food Tour is the perfect match between a walking city tour and a real gourmet experience.
This is a social dining experience in Aosta. People from all over the world sharing food stories, enjoying a relaxing and joyful atmosphere. We have a 2 people minimum and 12 people maximum policy. If the minimum number of guests is not reached, we will contact you to reschedule onto another time or date (100% refund).